Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dear Girl :)


Dear Girl,
I feel that the time has some for me to have a girlfriend. 
I know you're out there somewhere.
 Don't worry, I'll find you.
And when I do,
 I hope that you will love me because I'm Derek, 
not because I'm Mike's younger brother.
 I hope you won't be embarrassed when my clothes don't match, 
or be annoyed when I want to watch the Lakers on ESPN, 
instead of Party of Five.

I hope that you will remember I play soccer, not football, 
and I play midfield, not defense,
 and that every weekend I live with my dad.
I pray that you'll love me despite my tendency to forget birthdays,
 and if your parents invite me to dinner,
 please write their names really small on my hand 
so I can use it as reference.

Please know that I will constantly act strong and in control,
 but inside I am actually lost and confused. (Just don't tell my friends.) 
Please don't worry if I hurt myself skateboarding. 
Instead, be there to mend my wounds with kisses.

Understand that loving each other means being together, but not all time.
 We should never bail on our friends. 
Also understand that I may at times act jealous and overly protective,
 but only because I have insecurities not because of you are doing anything wrong.

And if we fall out of love with one another, please don't hate me. 
And if I cry in front of you, please don't laugh at me.
 Please know that I am sensitive...in a manly, tough kind of way.

Please be honest with me without being hurtful. 
After all, I am a boy. And I promise to always be honest with you, 
because you deserve honesty. 
And I promise to open doors for you and buy your ticket when we go to the movies.

And no, you aren't fat, so please don't constantly ask. 
And you don't need makeup either. 
Oh, and don't be upset if you cut your hair and I don't notice.
 I will love you even in Levi's and a T-shirt.

I hope you don't think I'm asking too much of you. 
I just want to be happy making you happy.
 I'm coming to find you, so don't go anywhere. 
Stay where you are, whoever you are. 
And by the way, my name's Derek.

Yours Always,
Derek

(Written By: Derek Whittier from Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul 3)

28 comments:

  1. Oh Derek, I Love You! eventhough u have tendency to forget my birthday, but doesnt matter.. as long as u do remember me in your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...jatuh cinta dgn Derek ni. cute aje tau :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. xmo jatuh cinta ngn Derek.. die saje cari alasan xmo kene mrh.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. adesss..jiwang karat.. nape tak tulis dalam bahasa melayu ja kan senang cket nk phm..huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gayahspears : bukan jiwang..tgh tak de idea tulis entri..so amik la hasil karya si derek ni dari chicken soup punya buku hehhe

    ReplyDelete
  6. mar yanie : hehehe lepas ni kalau ada lelaki datang ayat guna ayat ni tahu la dia amik dari mana hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. haa...kalau bahasa melayu lagi tangkap leleh..huhu

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read this once before n loving it.. thanx for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ibnu_ghazali : best! buku motivasi aka buku memulihkan semangat diri hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hana : buku ni memang best :) no prob :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. because you deserve honesty. !.
    suka ayat tu..kalo nk copy paste xpe?
    plagarism..ahah

    ReplyDelete
  12. tak plagarism, sebab mr territory ni dah quote dari source mana dapat. tak salahlah... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. echah mashuri : it's ok echah,kawe pun amik dari buku chicken soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. -NiD's- : hebat sungguh si derek ni..anak sapa la ni...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue : betul tu..nak kena bayar hak cipta kat derek tapi tak tau dia kat mana hehehe gurau je :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. aiayakk.. gne google translate nih baru dpt faham :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Derek nie banyak gak songeh dia...tapi amat memahami awek dia yg banyak songeh juga..macam tu agak aku..huhu (derek seem understood too much about the girl)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fello Ariza : hehe tak pe..usaha tangga kejayaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ASSOYFINGER67 : hehehe..malam karang aku upload untuk version pempuan lak :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ~cik tiram~ : Cun! esok saya upload version pempuan punya lak :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i will waiting for u derek..^_^

    ReplyDelete